This Little Piggy Went to Market, This Little Piggy...

This is what the menudo con pata (Pork Knuckles) at El Farolito looks like:

Wonderful menudo, perfectly cooked tripe, just the right spice, and knuckles that are chewy were they're supposed to be and tender were they're supposed to be. Perfect!

This is what Gio Heo in Broth (Pork Knuckles) looks like at Da Lat Vietnamese Restaurant:

Beautiful broth! Amazing flavor with flakes of garlic and green onions. But the knuckles were too hard. Maybe I'm just not used to working so hard to get into these babies, I'm not sure. I'll take more broth though! (Plus at $3, I'll probably try them again; just to check, you know?)

El Farolito Mexican Restaurant
1593 Peoria Street
Aurora, CO 80010
(303) 367-2739

Da Lat Vietnamese Restaurant
940 S Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80219
(303) 935-4141

Comments

Kitt said…
I like the juxtaposition!

Never had menudo but have wanted to try it, so I appreciate the recommendation.

Popular Posts