Under My Very Nose: WaterCourse Cafe

Often times in Downtown, things pop-up unannounced. They could be right around the corner, and you'd never know about it.

Thanks to a post on the DDP Blog, I found out that one of my favorite restaurants, WaterCourse Foods has opened an outpost on the corner of 17th & Market. If you don't know, WaterCourse is a vegetarian, often vegan, restaurant that has it's own bakery. The bakery, in Capitol Hill, supplies vegan/gluten-free baked goods to all of WaterCourse's shops as well as the public.

Now you can get their baked goods, vegetarian panini sandwiches, and coffee drinks (Pablo's roast) at this new downtown location. The bakery case includes muffins, cookies, scones, cupcakes and quiche. Prices might be a bit more than you expected to pay, but the product is fresh, local and uses top quality ingredients.
I was a bit confused when I read that this new location was being called the WaterCourse Cafe @ the Aveda Academy. Having been a regular at the Academy last year, I couldn't imagine how in the world they could fit a cafe into that space. So of course, I had to check it out. What has happened, is that the Aveda Academy has greatly expanded since last fall. They've opened up their area through to 17th St. On the corner of 17th and Market, they've set-up a new reception area that shares a beautiful airy space with the WaterCourse Cafe.

The Cafe itself is not very large. The seating area is limited to a nice narrow counter and stools facing the window onto 17th St. It's actually quite a needed addition to street scene on 17th. It has always seemed that this part of town was a bit dark and "financial", if you get me. This whole set-up is refreshing, yummy, and in my opinion, a good partnering with Aveda.

WaterCourse Cafe @ the Aveda Academy
1380 17th St
Denver, CO 80202
303.586.5742

Open Mon - Fri 7am to 6pm
Sat 8am - 5pm
Closed Sun

Comments

Anonymous said…
yay! I work downtown and can never find vegan food. I will be a regular customer at this place for sure..
Anonymous said…
hi, good site very much appreciatted

Popular Posts