A Black and White Soul

it's raining rain
it's raining snow,
tell me where you wanna go. -"Speedbumps", Luna


A small black knot of life, huddled together, one umbrella. The delicate lace of the snowy, young, branches draw them away from us. Who are they? Where are they going? Afternoon Tea, Ladies' Lunch? I wish I was there, then. I’d love to experience that day. The smells, tastes, colors, warmth and sensations of that black-and-white, coming to life.

The sun is actually shining today, melting the last few patches of dirty white snow, I hate it! “Because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” I don’t feel like winter should be over yet, I have so much more baking and cooking that I want to do. I have an herb garden to plan. I have books to read. Fires to sit in front of. Teas to taste. A snowy winter life to live. I can’t be cast out into this lukewarm weather!

My crisis is not existential, it is weather related.

Comments

Popular Posts