Comida Callejera?

Just this week, the corner in front of my office was graced with a new addition. If you walk by the corner of 15th and Market, you'll find "Fidel" a Cuban-food street cart. For most readers of this blog, it is no surprise that I am not shy about trying street food (see Biker Jim's, Mixiote). A cornerstone of Mexican culture IS comida callejera, street food. Not having time to go down and personally check-out the food at "Fidel's", I asked a co-worker if he knew what they were serving or if he had tried it himself. Oops! The expression on his face told me that I might as well have asked if he was in the habit of licking fire-hydrants. "You don't like Cuban food?", I asked, innocently. "It's not that, I just don't like street food."

Too Shocking! I know that the stands out there vary from good to unspeakable, but I would never consider writing-off a whole style of food. Would you? Ok, that's NOT a rhetorical question. I'm curious to know what you all think of street food. Check out the POLL: "DENVER STREET FOOD" on the right column and let me know what you think. If you have favorites or reasons while you'll never have a street-taco again, comment below.

Comments

Popular Posts